By: Pallavi Vathiar. Practicing Clinical Nutritionist.
Grapes along with their leaves and sap have been traditional treatments for thousands of years. Grape seed extract, which is made from the seeds of wine grapes, is promoted as a dietary supplement for various conditions, including venous insufficiency (when veins have problems sending blood from the legs back to the heart), promoting wound healing, and reducing inflammation.
Grape-seed oil can make your skin clearer and attacking bacteria that can get deep into your pores and cause breakouts.
Evens Out Skin Tone
Grape-seed oil improves your skin’s elasticity and softness.
Research has shown that it improves (1)
- Skin’s moisture
- Ability to bounce back
Grape-seed oil helps the vitamin E and vitamin C in your skin to be more efficient and effective at preserving your skin.
Improves Skin Elasticity
Grapeseed oil contains powerful antioxidant which smooths out skin and improves skin elasticity.
Grapeseed extract is shown to improve the symptoms of melasma “mask of pregnancy”_ a hyper-pigmentation of the skin when taken orally (2).
Protection From Sun Damage
A study review describes grape-seed oil as helping to protect your skin from absorbing the full damage of UV rays (3).
- Pure grapeseed oil and use it in its pure form as a serum on your face, applying it before bed.
- Mixing a drop of grapeseed oil in your favorite moisturizing face and body creams helps to seal the moisture into your skin.
- Heated grapeseed oil slightly by putting some in your palms and rubbing your hands together.
- You can also purchase grapeseed oil extract in a liquid or capsule form.
- Taking grapeseed oil orally may improve your skin’s appearance if you take it consistently for a period of several weeks (4).